Saturday, September 12, 2009

Successful Archery Hunts

It was a Successful Archery Hunting Season this year. In one week, I shot my Elk and Deer. My father and I shot 2 elk within 5 minutes of each other while hunting together 2.5 miles in. It was exciting for us both, and we spent the whole day packing out meat. After hiking in and out of the mountains 11 miles total, we were wondering if we were dedicated to hunting or stupid. We love the hunt, we love the kill and we love the meat. So packing out the meat on our backs is all part of the fun.
I shot my small buck the night before we shot our elk. He was standing 40 yards away calling my name. I shot him with my bow at 40 yards at a hard quartering away angle. After 6 seconds, he was dead 60 yards away from me. He was laying dead in his tracks waiting for me to come take home his meat.
Now the freezer is stocked for another year. I'm anxiously anticipating my muzzleloader elk hunt at the end of October. Here are some pictures from the hunts.

My Cow Elk taken with my Bow

My Dad's Cow Elk shot 5 minutes before mine
My 2 pt Buck taken with the Bow

0 comments: