Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jackson Hole #2

Well I would like to share some of the fun and bad luck that went along with our Jackson Hole vacation. The drive to Jackson Hole was so Beautiful. I loved going though all the small towns and Bear Lake looked so pretty. O yea, I can't forget all the animals (Elk) that we pulled off the road for every ten min so that Mike could look through his binoculars:) We got to are hotel and when we were checking in there was a sign that said that the pool was closed for maintenance (The reason I booked this hotel was because it had a pool & free breakfast). So we go to our room and it just smelled like smoke in a non-smoking room, the heater sounded like there was a tractor coming through the room (I had to turn it off to sleep). Sense there was no pool in the Hotel, I called around to see if there was a Rec. center so that we could take Shelbi Swimming. They did but right as we got there the guy said that the kiddie pool was closed because some little kid took a poo in the pool. Yum! So we just held her in the big pool with us (the upside to the pool was that it had the funnest slide). For dinner we wanted to go to Bubba's and eat and they were closed & then drove like 15 min to go to this BBQ place and it was closed also. The 2nd day we went shopping and it was so cold I thought I might die but we kept shopping anyway. The 3rd day we were going to rent some bikes and go for a long bike ride on the Elk Refuge Road but right as we got into the car to go rent to bikes, it started to rain! Now you know why we thought we had bad luck. We just kept laughing at all the bad luck we were having (It’s in-between seasons up there so everything is shut down). Despite the bad luck, we had a lot of fun just dinkin around the whole time & we got to see Thousands of Elk right next to our car! It was really cool! But we did learn something while we were there........never go to Jackson Hole in April because everything is closed. Hope you like the pictures!


If you can zoom in you can see some elk. We did not have are camera the day that they were right next to our car. so sad:(













2 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm glad you guys had fun even though everything was closed! I LOVE that place!!!!

The Faller's! said...

Derick and I laughed so hard at this post. Good thing you could laugh about it all and had fun anyway. Shelbi is so cute. We need to get together soon! By the way....CONGRATS on the approval! I am so happy and excited for you guys and glad everything is working out!